Saturday, February 6, 2010

No animals were harmed while typing this blog!

I have to be honest, I never really thought much about what happens to animals to become food.  Let me clarify that, I never LET myself think about the animals.  It was just easier for me to let myself  believe that my steak came from a steak orchard where they hand picked and wrapped my porter house somewhere in Michigan.  The truth is I do love animals and I do care what happens to them, so it was easier to disassociate them from the foods I was eating.  Not very clever true, but self-preservation non the less.  My sister-in-law (Shannan) and I were talking about how we both at different times have thought about meat and said yuck about it.  We both agree, it's not because we are now suddenly soap box vegans, but we have grown accustomed to the healthful feeling without meat and the "lightness of body and spirit" we both feel now.  Now, meat is "ick" to me.  Which is weird as I can still remember the taste of meat and still like it.  I allow myself now to think of the ramifications our food industry has on animals as well as humans.  It's pretty scary and if ever I had a just reason to say ick, it's now.  For those of you following my blog daily, you know I was mentally pre-planning my snacks today since I had to be at the school.  It went well!  Even though I had to get up at an ungodly time of 6:00 a.m. (which was actually 5:45!!  My husband had set the alarm fast to help protect himself from over-sleep).  Some how I managed.   I totally fell asleep while typing and I couldn't figure out what the heck I was talking about just now!! LOL.  Whew, probably should do stats:

Hunger:  Only when and where it should be.
Mood:  Great!  Husband and I are doing great, probably do to my good mood.
Cravings:  None!  Maybe a little sweet.
Health:  Really good.


Again, I think I'm just more aware now.  I'm not going to start throwing red paint on peoples fur coats (half are probably fake anyway), but I am way more aware now.  I feel like I'm learning so much every day and it's changing the way I think and do things.  The ripple effect spreads!  Good night everyone!  Be happy =)

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing to me why people choose to eat the way they do. My daughter(then 13)and I became vegetarians the same day for different reasons...but then over time the lines begin to blurr, and our vision becomes clear! You are pushing 20/20 fast and furious!

    ReplyDelete